Immigration Issues

How do I get the immigration forms I need to apply for new papers?

You can get immigration forms by mail from the USCIS by calling 1-800-870-3676. This service is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Or you can download them from the website:

If I lost my Permanent Resident Cards (Green Card) in a natural disaster or tornado, how can I get a replacement?

Fill out and file immigration form I-90 (This form can be filed on line at If mailing the form, include a check or money order payable to USCIS for $365.00 filing fee plus $85.00 biometric fee. (Fee subject to change) The filing fee can be waived if you show inability to pay. Proof of your evacuee status should be sufficient. Mail the completed form and fees or fee waiver request to USCIS, P.O. Box 21262, Phoenix, AZ 85036. NOTE: Applying online is considerably faster. Most libraries have online access.

If I lost my work permit in a natural disaster, how can I get it replaced?

Fill out and file immigration form I-765. Include two passport-type photos and a check or money order payable to USCIS in the amount of $380.00. (This fee is subject to change) This fee can be waived if you show inability to pay.

Will I be considered a public charge and denied residency if I apply for emergency disaster relief?

No. Emergency disaster relief is not considered public cash assistance preventing you from becoming a resident. You will not be classified as a public charge solely because you have accepted emergency disaster assistance.

Can an undocumented immigrant apply for FEMA cash assistance on behalf of a child who is a U.S. citizen?

Yes, if the child is under 18 and lives with the undocumented person. No information on the adult’s immigration status is required. Only the child’s social security number is required.

Do I need to be a U.S. resident or citizen to apply for emergency disaster assistance?

Short-term, non-cash, in-kind emergency disaster relief is available regardless of immigration status. This includes emergency medical care, shelter, food and other essential needs.

Eligibility for long-term FEMA Assistance Programs, Individual and family Grant Programs, and Disaster Unemployment Assistance is restricted to “qualified” immigrants and victims of human trafficking. Contact FEMA to see if you are in a “qualified” immigrant status.

If you are not a qualified immigrant, another adult household member may qualify the household for assistance.


Do I need to let USCIS or the immigration court know that I have moved as a result of a natural disaster?

It depends on what type of immigration case you have whether you are required to notify Immigration Service of your new address and where you send the notification. To find out what to do in your particular case or situation, you can call the USCIS toll-free number: 1-800-870-3676.